Wednesday, August 29, 2007
MyHome is free launcher for Windows Mobile.
Goal: to have simple launcher with big icons (for big fingers)
that starts every time when device is connected to the external
Use case: Easy starting one of GPS navigators or music players
when device has been connected in the car.
Licence type: Free Software
Tested: Axim x51v WM5.0
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Digital Wallet and Password Safe for Windows Mobile PocketPC
eSec Pocket PC is a free digital wallet and password safe application for Windows Mobile powered devices to store passwords, accounts and other sensitive data in an easy but secure way. eSec uses 256bit AES encryption which is state of the art encryption technology.
The storage of eSec Pocket PC is currently not compatible with the desktop pc version of eSec. Maybe this feature will be added in future.
eSec Pocket PC is a free software without any warranty or guarantee for functionallity.
If you own a pair of bluetooth headphones and would like to play music from Windows Media Player on your phone wirelessly you will need to know a thing or two about the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). This basically allows your phone to send audio over bluetooth at a normal frequency, letting you listen to your Led Zeppelin collection in good quality. Unfortunately some Windows Mobile 5 devices do not have A2DP built in. It is available in the AKU2+ updates for Windows Mobile 5, but sometimes carriers like to disable such features. I own an HTC Wizard with Cingular service and found that after upgrading to the new ROM, I was still left without A2DP support. Fear not, there is a simple installation that will enable A2DP for any Windows Mobile 5 device with bluetooth. Just install zoA2DP and after a restart you should be able to pair your bluetooth stereo headphones and listen away in wireless bliss.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Get it sold on eBay with Seller Mobile Pro
* Sell anything from your mobile phone or PDA.
* Sell from anywhere, anytime — no need for a computer.
o Sell your old boat from the beach where all you have is the sand and a cellular connection.
* Save time — sell your items in seconds!
* Now there's one less reason to tote around your laptop!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Change your cube programs AND weather location.
This application, (a new version of the old 'BioTouch Settings') lets you customise your HTC Touch cube/today screen in many ways, changing which buttons launch which programs, etc. You can currently change the following:
- Your Music/Pictures/Video programs (change which apps and titles)
- Your 3x2 APLauncher on the cube (change the apps, icons and titles)
- Your Weather Location to be far more specific (i.e. not the limited in-built city selection)
- Your weather options (auto-update settings, etc.)
carlosp_uk of xda-developers
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
AppCloser is a light-weight, free utility for Windows Mobile 5 Smart Phones. Although designed for the HTC s620 and compatible phones, it should run on a variety of devices including Windows Mobile 6 phones.
Essentially, every time the user returns to the home screen, the utility closes all programs in a set list to help free up memory. It does this transparently to the user. AppCloser attempts to close an application and if it does not respond, it forcibly terminates it.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Go, also known as Weiqi, is an ancient board game originated in China more than 4,000 years ago.
Beyond being merely a game, Go is an analogy with life, an intense meditation, a mirror of one's personality, and a beautiful art form. Like the Eastern martial arts, Go can teach concentration, balance, and discipline.
Friday, August 17, 2007
BeyondPod is a free, open source, RSS feed reader and podcast manager (podcatcher) for Microsoft Smartphone and Pocket PC.
Using BeyondPod you can subscribe for RSS feeds, read the feed content, download and listen to associated podcasts (enclosures) directly on your mobile device.
BeyondPod also provides a convenient way to play downloaded podcasts using a built in media player with features like configurable "TiVo style" commercial skip, tracking of played time, easy cleanup of played podcasts and many others.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
NOW WORKS FOR TMO WM6 ROM!
SMS Chat application for HTC Excalibur.
TMo WM6 Fix:
Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS\Rules\
Backup your Registry.
Delete all the entries there.
Reboot your phone.
Chat Window - refers to the window on top, where the messages are shown.
Message Box - refers to the window at the bottom where you type your message.
Navigate to the Chat Window,
Paste Meesage Number - press Left Arrow Key
Save Message Number - press Right Arrow Key
Save Window - press "S"
Delete Window - press "D"
Delete Line Number - press "L"
To execute the chosen functon, press the action button while the focus is on the Chat Window.
To remove the function windows, press the Space Bar while the focus is on the Chat Window.
While the focus is on the Message Box, press TAB to show the additional function.
Auto Power Off device at a user specified time of the day.
Default Tone - for all incoming sms
Unknown Tone - for sms sent by a number not in your Contact List
Blocked Tone - for blocked sms notification.
Update: released 9-3-07 Build
- moved the registry entries to a config.ini file
- added a Flash SMS (Class0) sending option
- added scroll up and scroll down for the chat window
- added my texts list
Press "alt" Key while chat window is in focus
Press "Tab" Key while message box is in focus
Press "T" Key while chat window is in focus
Update: released 9-11-07 Build
- added an option to "Remove" a contact from the sms contact list. When a new sms is received from the "Removed" contact, the previous chat session is resumed.
Update: released 9-24-07 Build
- removed the "ok" emoticon
- fixed the Reset Counter bug
DOWNLOAD CAB 9-11-07 Build
ok mystery is solved install this cab to phone (if you have a Touch rom)
now after instaling the cab here is how to activate cube:
press inbetween the 2 softkeys where the keyboard icon usaly apears in programs and do a slide down and the cube slides up
Tested on Prophet, Artemes and Charmer and works
gullum of xda-developers
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Automatic windows mobile outlook synchronizer.
* Works on windows mobile 5 and 6.
* Can sync up multiple email accounts at multiple schedules setup.
* Connect using: Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi if not GPRS, Manual Wi-Fi, Gprs Only or Existing connection(USB)
* Get notified on emails or failed attempts
* Keeps device 'Alive' till all the accounts have been synchronized.
* Supports 'Silent' mode.
* Supports one touch* email checking(one touch on the shortcut connects to wi-fi network and switches between accounts and synchronizes and then hangs up wi-fi)
* Can be set to sync only if device sleeping.
* Does not write anything to registry.
* Does not run in background.(works on notifications)
* You can uninstall the application from ‘Remove programs’ and delete the application directory.
tytnguy of xda-developers
Monday, August 13, 2007
New SIP for Windows Mobile devices
Why another keyboard for Windows Mobile?
* It can be used with fingers
* It suggest word based on letter position
* It trigger the key when your remove your finger from the screen, not when you press it.
* It can be customized
* It's a standard Windows Mobile SIP, so to use it you have to select it as the input method, therefore it can be used in (almost) any application.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Windows Mobile Has a "Run" Dialog
I have written before (and will surely write again) about how I'd like something like Quicksilver for Windows Mobile: A simple text entry field that I could enter short, simple text commands into do Get Things Done.
I'm imagining a text field on my today screen, or barring that a little app that indexed contacts, favorites, applications, and settings via Windows Mobile 6's Smart Search (which also works on email, hint hint). Being able to put a "s" in front of a search would make it go search the web for your terms. Or "t joe I'm on my way" would send Joe a text message that I'm on my way. You get the idea. You can see I want this. I'm not the only one.
Enough background. I came across this sweet, hardcore (in a good way) Windows Mobile development blog and was largely mystified. Until I saw that you could do this: "tap and hold down the ‘Action’ key while tapping and holding the stylus on the clock shown on the nav bar." "Action key" is your center button. This'll work on a Pocket PC / Pro edition phone (but not, strangely, a Treo 750). What pops up is essentially the same as Desktop Windows' 'Run' dialog. - WMExperts
Friday, August 10, 2007
Automatic phone switch off/on based on location.
System automatically switches OFF phone when you are at predefined location (Say Home) based on the time you setup. So when you are at home, say from 10:00 PM to morning 6:00 AM your phone is really sleeping so no one can call your mobile. But if you are not home, then phone is ON even at night.
This also saves your battery and and a good night sleep.
Connection State plugin
While I find cumbersome to find out the (for instance) IP addresses assigned to the device, or frustrating when Internet Explorer cannot find any web page because the current connection is the WRONG one...
... I ended up writing my own Today Screen plugin to display more information on the active connection. Yeah, I know this is not quite a "common" requirement, but maybe someone finds it useful... or even can suggest further improvements - that will be of course welcome!
I've attached some screenshots of it running on both a WM5 emulator and my real Hermes running WM6 - thanks Schap!
Auto SIP Configuration Tool for WM6
Due to all the stuff that has gone down with the release of custels latest tool.
I have decided to put a license on this. Just covers my ase from ppl ripping off the tool.
It still lets everyone else distribute and use.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Stock Viewer is a software designed for continuous retrieval of stock quotes through the Windows Mobile and Blackberry.
It displays quotes (currently NYSE and NASDAQ) in colors. You can add and save your favorites easily. Headline news from major resources is also available.
Monday, August 06, 2007
FlashSMS is an easy-to-use software to send flash SMS messages right from your windows mobile powered smartphone (WM5 or better required).
Flash SMS messages are equal to normal SMS messages except that they appear directly on the mobile display without selecting the message after receiving it. Sometimes Flash SMS messages are displayed in a fancy way f.ex. automatically scrolling on the mobile screen or similar effects.
Friday, August 03, 2007
For all you Tube-aholics, this is it! You now have direct, unfettered access to Youtube, Google Video & Veoh, in all their glory.
1) If you already have a version of TCPMP installed, uninstall it now.
2) Install tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab
3) Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached below (this MUST be installed in the same location as TCPMP)
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Simple audio player for PocketPC
- MP3 playback using the MAD 0.15.0b
- Ogg Vorbis playback
- Wave format playback
- HTTP streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- SHOUTcast streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)
- ID3 v1/v1.1 support
- PLS/M3U playlist support
- 10 bands equalizer (MP3 playback only)
- Surround / Bassboost effects
- Reverb / Echo effects
- Skin support
- Hardware button mapping
- Noiseless playback (See decoder tab in options dialog)
- Sleep Timer
- Hold (Lock hardware buttons)
- PocketPC / PocketPC2002 / WM2003 / WM2003SE / WM5 support