Friday, December 26, 2008

QuickCab 2.0


Cab Creation Utility



Changelog:
2.0
* Rewrote GUI to allow for more options and fix selection errors
* Fixed many button and selection errors
* Added Shortcut support
* Added support for Vista UAC
* Added support for compressed cabs
* Added ability to prevent uninstall
* Removed support for Setup.dll (does anyone use this?)
* Move from .Net 2.0 to .Net 3.5

1.0
* Initial Release

Like most people around here I enjoy customizing my phone. Problem is that copying files and applying a bunch of Registry tweaks by hand is tedious. I've built CAB files in the past but creating the INF files is an ugly process...not for the feignt of heart.

So I created a utility called QuickCab that makes creating CAB files easy. It doesn't support every possible scenario, but if what you want to do is copy files or change the registry, it works quite well. This is perfect for Themes, Ringtones, Tweaks, and Mods.

I plan to add support for Shortcuts in the near future. If you use this program, I'd appreciate feedback. I can't improve it without your ideas.


IABovine of XDA-Developers

No comments: