Saturday, June 30, 2007
Simple Outlook Task Manager for Smartphones.
* Show all the Outlook Task List
* Edit/Save/Delete Tasks Easily
WM5/WM6 Landscape Smartphone
Copy the cab file and execute it on your Smartphone
To change the default Tasks manager to Dash Reminder,
change the registry key:
String name 1 value to the full path of the Reminder.exe file enclosed in " "
This is a simple shooting game. All you need is a fast response time and a good eye. To play, just strike everything down with a fire ball. Catch the ball with a stylus and push it. Speed of the ball depends on the speed of the movement of your stylus. Don't let the aim get to the green fields and don't miss. There are penalties for everything.
Periodically, moving balls appear on the bottom of the field. You have to direct them to the target.
Ways to control the balls:
1) draw the walls for the balls to bounce off, or
2) "catch" a ball with a stylus and "push" it in the desired direction.
The ball hitting the target earns you 10 points, the ball hitting an obstacle – 2 points.
The color of a ball determines its behavior at the impact.
To pass a level you have to get 90% of the maximum possible points. There are 50 levels.
Levels editor included!
Friday, June 29, 2007
by Kevin C. Tofel from jkOnTheRun
"In this video, Kevin C. Tofel from jkOnTheRun shares just how easy is it to use the phone as a modem with Internet Sharing. How easy is it? Kevin says 'It almost couldn’t be easier, but if you’re new to the whole 'tethering' aspect of using a phone as a modem, I’ll show you just how quick and easy it is over Bluetooth.' Thanks Kevin … it’s terrific!"
Windows Mobile 6 ROM upgrade for O2 Xda Zinc 3G Pocket PC phone released by O2 Asia.
Benefits of upgrade include:
- ability to view email in their original rich HTML format with live links to Web and SharePoint sites.
- ability to search for Exchange email for items that match specified criteria.
- ability to search for contacts via Online Global Address Book.
- smart calendar bar.
- Windows Live for Windows Mobile.
- file transfer capability in Windows Live Messenger.
- storage card encryption.
- remote wipe capability for stolen and lost devices.
- call history in contact cards.
- push email capability for hotmail users.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
6/27/2007 - Open Beta v0.9 Released
After testing the beta please submit a feedback form.
* Command forces with hundreds of vehicles
* Build over 40 types of units and structures
* Choose from 7 landscape types to wage war on
* Enjoy beautifully rendered graphics and effects
* Research over 30 exciting technologies
* Play on randomized maps for unlimited game play
* Battle in 3 unique environments
* Scorch the destructible environment
* Learn from the built in help and tutorial
* Expand the powerful moddable game engine
* Customize the user interface to your liking
* Support for add on units and landscapes
Windows Mobile System Requirements
* Windows Mobile 2003, 2003 SE, 5.0, 6, Standard, Professional, or Classic
* 9 MB storage memory
* 10 MB free program memory when running the game (15 MB reccommended)
* Square screens fully supported
"finger friendly" contact list
What it does:
- classic finger scrolling
- tapping the contact make appear a screen with contact info (photo, name, phone, sms and mail). Selecting one option launch the default compose dialog or make the call.
- display contact photo if present (in the list and the contact detail).
- if you press you finger on the left or right border of the screen it will allow you to select the letter you're searching for, release the finger, it will show you the contact starting with this letter. For me that's the way to go in touch interface: release should trigger the event, push should only provide visual feedback, I'd like a visual kb like this.
- the contact detail is not the standard one, for now it's quite ugly... if you're a graphist or have some idea about what's better... feel free.
- the list is animated (scrolling) and the transition between list and detail also.
tene of XDA-Developers
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
A Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition Weather Program (Landscape for devices like Moto Q, T-mobile Dash, Samsung i320 & Blackjack, etc)
- Current Weather
- Adjustable # days in Daily Forecast
- Adjustable #hours in Hourly Forecast
- Animated radar (automatically finds best resolution out of 100-mile, 300-mile, & 600-mile)!
- Non-animated radar (also determines & uses best resolution)
- must install .NET CF 2.0 (see above URL for download link). Install to storage card if you have one (requires 5-6MBs of free space).
- ~1MB free space
- Application Unlocked phone (see the stickied Dash FAQ). Select "Yes" when prompted to allow DLL files to load on first run.
Shaft1978 of HowardForums
Monday, June 25, 2007
This is a small program made in Flash to emulate a fullscreen virtual keyboard.
This keyboard is fullscreen and always seen in horizontal way (landscape).
It requires Flash 7 installed in your Pocket PC. If you don't have it yet, get it for free HERE.
This EXE has no install, just copy it to any place in your Pocket PC.
You can customize the:
- Text color
- Keypad Skins
- Background image
- Pre-made personal sentences
- English version
You have three screens with keys:
- Capital letters
- Special characters
In all of them you can delete the last character, erase all the text or COPY, this last key has two effects:
- Places all the copied text in memory
- Closes the application
twolf of XDA-DEVELOPERS
fring™, a free mobile VoIP software, allows you to talk & IM via your handset's internet connection to other mobile phones and PC-based services such as Skype®, Google Talk™, MSN® Messenger, SIP and Twitter, at no extra cost.
fring™ is a free mobile VoIP software that lets you talk and live chat (IM) using your handset's Internet connection instead of costly mobile airtime (GSM) minutes. fring enables free mobile calls over Wi-Fi Internet access or your GPRS, EDGE or 3G Internet data plan.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Visualize, Organize and Improve your images and photo with XnView Pocket!
You can easily visualize your images and photos on your Pocket PC with XnView Pocket. Thanks to these many tools of final improvement you can correct your photos, share them with your friends and your family by sending them by e-mail. XnView Pocket makes it possible to you to realize slide shows particularly with the executable format readable by all.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
GPS4PPC is an open source application, written with Basic4ppc.
It includes several tools for working with maps and with GPS devices.
Convert coordinates between Lat/Lon grid and UTM grid.
Convert coordinates datums.
Calculate distance and course between two coordinates.
Show GPS data in any datum or format (requires a GPS enabled device).
Built-in numpad for easy input.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Bluetooth Explorer application for smartphone.
Overview of Bluetooth Explorer
Bluetooth Explorer lets you exchange files using Bluetooth with other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Note: Bluetooth Explorer works the same way as File Explorer.
To launch Bluetooth Explorer
Tap > Programs > Bluetooth Explorer. Bluetooth Explorer then scans for visible Bluetooth devices you can connect to. From the list, select the Bluetooth device you want to connect to.
Note: You may need to enter a Passcode in order for you to connect to the device.
To use Bluetooth Explorer
If there are shared files in the Bluetooth shared folder on the other device, you will be able to see those files on the Bluetooth Explorer screen. You can then do the following:
Copy or delete files.
Create a new folder.
Paste a file into the folder.
It needs the built-in File Explorer in your Smartphone,so it does not working on WM2003.It`s for WM5/6.
yinfo of XDA_DEVELOPERS
View your mobile screen on your desktop.
Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.
Copy/Paste text between mobile and desktop.
Capture mobile screen.
Drag and drop files to your mobile.
Requires ActiveSync connection.
Support Windows Mobile 2003
Support WM 5.0 / WM 6.0
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
MAJOR UPDATE 19-June-07
1.2 - 19-Jun-07 ->Major Update:
i)Added Theme Support. Changing of system colors as per theme is also supported (which is not done by any other program IIRC)
ii)Added option to keep input images\themes in a separate folder
iii)Provided a GUI Configuration module
iv)Provided option to choose between gif\jpg\png\tsk to be cycled.
1.11 - 12-Jun-07->Fixed another bug with notification queue
1.1 - 12-Jun-07 -> Fixed the bug that causes WM5/WM6 devices not to cycle wallpapers in certain conditions
1.0 - 10-Jun-07 -> Initial Release
shantzg001 of XDA-DEVELOPERS
Monday, June 18, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Windows Mobile 6 ROM cooked up by Jasjamming. Note this is an OS update only.
Black ROMs are compatible with the following devices:
* HTC Hermes
* HTC TyTN
* O2 XDA trion
* T-Mobile MDA Vario II
* Vodafone 1605 VPA Compact III
* Orange SPV M3100
* Dopod CHT 9000
* Dopod 838 Pro
* DoCoMo hTc Z
* Qtek 9600
* i-mate JASJAM
* Cingular 8525
* Swisscom XPA v1605
* SoftBank X01HT
* Vodafone PDA 1605
* Vodafone PDA 9600
Alarm Master is a useful and easy to use utility that helps to manage personal alarms on your Windows Mobile smartphone.
Free BETA version is available till 30, June!
* Icon Selection. This is new and unique Alarm Master feature! Now you can select icons for your alarms. Next time when alarm occurs you'll see this thematic image instead of boring default icon!
* Sorting. The list of alarms could be sorted by type, by time, by name and by occurrence type.
* Filtering. You can choose whether you want to display different alarm types. You can also disable displaying of disabled and outdated alarms.
* Interface improvements and other small additions...
a software that facilitates the handling of personal expenses.
* insert your expenses and categorize them by tipology and type of payment
* show expenses filtered by date, typology, kind of payment
* export data in cvs format for PocketExcel or Excel manipolation
* compatible with PocketPC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003
* support italian, english and french languages
* released under GNU/ GPL license (but if you like my program, send me a postcard at the address specified in the information box)
Alfredo Morresi aka Legolas
Friday, June 15, 2007
FREE News & RSS reader for your Windows Mobile Treo or Pocket PC
* Wirelessly connect to mobile sites and download the latest news, sports, and more
* Add or feeds to customize your content
* Absolutely FREE - ad supported (see below)
* HotSync conduit for Palm OS users without a wireless data connection on device
Requirements: Windows Mobile 2003 or later 1.5 MB free memory
GMobileSync allows you to remotely synchronize Google Calendar events to your Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0 device using its local internet connection.
GMobileSync was originally created by RareEdge as a way to synchronize a Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0 device with Google Calendar. Versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 were created by Eric Willis. GMobileSync is an open-source project as of version 1.3. Several people have expressed interest in helping out with the development in order to keep GMobileSync feature-full and functional. This is your opportunity to contribute to something that thousands of people use every day!
SJphone® is a VOIP softphone that allows you to speak with any other softphone running on a PC/PDA, any stand-alone IP-phone, or using Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP) with any traditional wired or mobile phone. It supports both SIP and H.323 standards and is fully inter-operable with most major VOIP vendors and ITSPs.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Useful program for up-sizing 176x220 > QVGA, upsizes your lower resolution games to QVGA.
Your gonna need .NET Framework 2.0 on your PC to run this.
so how to use this... well,
1. unpack the zip i have attached.
2. find a game off your phone that u would like to upsize. copy the .exe into the release folder.
3. in the release folder, run GxQvga Patcher.exe, click on "select exe to patch..." and click on the .exe(s) that u have added into that folder.
4. It creates a .exe.bak file, the .exe file is what's being patched, so now copy the .exe back over to ur device and overwrite the existing one. the .exe.bak was only a backup ofthe original .exe.
5. Now on the release folder, theres 2 subfolders called SCALE, and QVGA, and inside both of those folders is a file called XG.dll. these are 2 different .dll files, and 1 or the other is required to upsize the games. Your gonna copy one of these files to directory of the game. try the XG.dll in the SCALE folder, it seems to work best for me, if that doesnt work then try the XG.dll in the QVGA folder.
6. thats it. now try your game. remember, not all games will work, even when some say they do.
Mikeeey of MODACO
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Dynamo 2 is a cool, animated task manager for your PocketPC 2003 device.
Say goodbye to boring text lists of running programs and instead manage your programs by sliding in images of all your running applications onto your screen. For each program on your device an image is saved and when you click the hotkey they all zoom onto your screen. Simply click the one you want and it will increase to fill the screen. Quickly seeing all the running programs is far more efficient than having to read through a text-based task list so Dynamo can make task switching a much faster, and cooler, experience.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
Timed Wallpaper Cycler
This small tool will cycle ur today background / wallpaper after a set interval of time.
1. Make a folder on ur device (preferably not on storage card. Its just 8KB anyways) and extract the ShantzTodayChanger.exe to this folder.
2. Copy the image files that you want to set as ur today background to this folder.
[bold]IMP:The files should be gif and moreover, the size (widthxheight) of the images should be taken care of by you in advanced, otherwise they might be stretched or cropped[/bold]
3. Run the ShantzTodayChanger.exe.
4. This will create two shortcuts in ur folder. startTdyChngr.lnk and stopTdyChngr.lnk.
5. Now just run startTdyChngr.lnk. The default time gap between cycling is 600sec. You can modify the shortcut to choose ur own time (in sec).
6. When you want to stop the cycling, just run stopTdyChngr.lnk.
shantzg001 of XDA-DEVELOPERS
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Fishocopter is an addictive arcade game for your Pocket PC or your Smartphone!
In Fishocopter you must guide your fish through the sea, avoiding crabs, sea urchins, shells, and other fishs.
But to do that you only have two choices : go up, or let gravity do its job.
Friday, June 08, 2007
This is my own review of the T-Mobile Dash smartphone on WM5.
Size: 4.4 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches (112 x 62 x 13 mm)
Weight: 4.2 ounces (120g)
Included battery: 960mAh Li-Ion
Talk time: up to 5 hours
Standby time: up to 9 days
Band (frequency): 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz
Display: LCD (Color TFT/TFD) 65,536 (16-bit) 320 x 240 pixels
Memory: 23 MB
The screen has a 320x240 resolution. It is very bright and clear. As a previous XDA Mini and T-Mobile SDA user, it quite a change for me to use a phone with landscape view as a default.
The start menu items are arranged in 4 columns and 2 rows. Shortcut keys to launch the menu items are the keys QWER and ASDF.
Clearvue suite is already included in the ROM.
There is also a built-in instant messenger application for YM, AOL, and ICQ.
When looking at pictures, the keys may seem too close for people with chubby fingers but in actual usage, they are quite accessible and very tactile. One hand typing is also easy.
There is a dedicated key for launching Tmail.exe on the keypad.
The JOGGR functionality is very convenient for one hand operation. Just slide your finger up/down twice for continuous scrolling. There are also two buttons located on top and on the bottom of the JOGGR strip. They are used as Home and Back functions.
If the JOGGR function is turned off, the strip can be used to turn up/down the Dash's earpiece volume.
What annoys me though is that i sometimes accidentally touch the JOGGR strip and execute the buttons' functions.
The camera UI is different from previous smartphone camera applications i've used.
It has 2x digital zoom, self-timer, brightness adjustment, time stamp, and the other usual camera adjustments for WM smartphones.
Picture quality is ordinary, just like all the other HTC smartphone camera captures.
Audio out is very loud compared to other devices. The only problem is that the speaker is located at the back of the unit. When you put the Dash in a holster, the speaker is partially covered so the sound volume is muffled.
The Dash is very slim, it even feels lighter than the T-Mobile SDA, although is is actually heavier.
OS performance is average. When i open a folder, it feels like it takes a little longer to open than that of T-Mobile SDA.
For people who like to remap hardware keys, there are only 3 buttons which can be changed: Top and bottom keys of the JOGGR strip and the T-Zones key on the keypad.
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Tired of clicking back and forward to switch application? Simple OS, brings well known multiplatform OS (Mac,Windows,Linux) Desktop interface for easy switching and management of your PocketPC applications. Supports full VGA resolution (640x480) as well as old PDA's (320x240)
Simple OS developed with .Net Compact Framework 3.5, for Windows Mobile PocketPC devices.