Thursday, May 31, 2007
PluginAdapter is a PocketPC Today plugin and can “host” virtually any MS Smartphone homescreen plugin that doesn’t use smartphone-specific features of windows mobile.
PluginAdapter doesn’t have its own interface except that one little information box displayed when first Action event occurs
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Lirevite is a speed reading application for pocketpc.
The principle is very simple, a text is displayed on the screen a word at a time. This could increase (or train to increase) the reading speed on a small screen device.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
It is designed for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 and higher. It has two parts: 1. A program to download YouTube movie by PPC. 2. A TCPMP plugin to play flv file directly on PPC (the plugin will never support CorePlayer)
Monday, May 28, 2007
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Sun'n'Moon is a today plugin which shows the set and the rise of the Sun and of the Moon. It also shows the moon phase.
Sun'n'Moon takes about 147 KiB of your PDA memory.
No Internet needed
Sun'n'Moon calculates the set and rise of the Sun and the Moon from your geographical position.
Sun'n'Moon is designed for recent PDAs utilising VGA displayes.
You can choose between 12 hour or 24 hour time format to have the information about sets and rises displayed in the way common for you.
You can define as much locations as you want and easily switch between them with tap or tap-and-hold.
Choose between single or multi-line view to display the information about sets and rises in the way most suitable for you.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Zodiac Signs tells you what sign you are in the both Chinese Zodiac and the common Western Zodiac. Plus you get some basic information and characteristics about your sign.
* Windows Mobile 5 for Smartphone
* Windows Mobile 6 Standard
Improve WM5 Phone!
After to have installed it, what “happens here” to the “Telephone”:
1) The keys are moved (tnks to the Eten plugin) ALL Version
2) The keys come magnified (tnks to the Eten plugin) ALL Version
3) Enabled vibra-feedback when a numerical keys are pressed ALL Version
4) Disabled the delay of three second before the phone ring! ALL Version
5) Installed “SmartDial” (by HTC) for a fast search of the contact to call ALL Version
6) Now you can skin the dialpad! (simply create an image of the keyboard and copy it in the Windows folder) ALL Version
7) Incoming Call PopUp is magnified ALL Version
8) Removed "SMS Sent" notification bubble ALL Version
9) Installed a GPRS connection Enabler/Disabler (MoDaCo's NoData) ALL Version
10) Enabled GPRS Disconnect button in the bouble when connected ALL Version
11) Installed "ZoomSMS" (an Eten's app to display on Today the missed calls and the unread SMS. It also open the received sms in a proper (magnified) windows Only in the FULL Version)
12) Installed "Scenario" (an Eten's app to change the phone's profile. You can access to this program from the icon in the Today's Taskbar or from an icon in "Programs" Only in the FULL Version)
AX3L of XDA-DEVELOPERS
This is a first release of a simple today plugin that shows
an animated GIF in the today screen area.
The position of the plugin itself can be changed under
Start - Settings - Today - Items (TodayGif).
After install you must activate the plugin first!
The gif file that will be displayed can be found under: \Windows\Today.gif
You can replace the file with one of your favorite one. After replace you must
deactivate and then activate the plugin to show the new gif.
Sure the animation uses some CPU time, but the thread that displays
the animation has idle priority so that other work can be done with
You can pause and restart the animation by tipping on the animation area.
Houser of XDA-DEVELOPERS
Thursday, May 24, 2007
As most Windows Mobile devices lack the functionallity to send the same SMS to a group of contacts i decided to make this small application. It can be started from the Start menu or by the right menu in the messaging application.
All Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC and SmartPhone devices and newer.
Not tested on older devices so it might work..
A simple program that will allow you to upload files from your mobile device (smartphone or pocket pc) to the Mobileshare site. Mobileshare is a site designed for users that want to share their mobile contents with the world.
You can also design your own site and use Star Upload to upload any kind of files using Windows Mobile devices (smartphones and pocket pcs).
This little utility will automatically detect if the SIM card of a smartphone or pocket pc was replaced.
Star EnForcer will automatically send a SMS message to a previously specified phone number containing the new SIM IMSI and current location in hexa LAC-CID combination. The message will repeat every 30 minutes.
platform: Windows Mobile 2003 / 5
O2's aim is to embrace technology innovation that enhances the user experience of our products, whether hardware or software. We are therefore pleased to offer a free upgrade of the latest Windows Mobile 6 operating system for all Xda Atom Life customers.
Windows Mobile 6 provides increased value for customers in several key areas, including messaging and collaboration, infrastructure interoperability, security features and platform development. You will be able to enjoy new features, such as:
• ability to view email in their original rich HTML format with live links to Web and SharePoint sites.
• ability to search for Exchange email for items that match specified criteria.
• ability to search for contacts via Online Global Address Book.
• smart calendar bar.
• Windows Live for Windows Mobile.
• file transfer capability in Windows Live Messenger.
• storage card encryption.
• remote wipe capability for stolen and lost devices.
• call history in contact cards.
• push email capability for hotmail users.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Be your own editor-in-chief! With TopStory, you make the call on what headlines get top billing on the dynamic front page that you can take with you wherever you go.
Getting the news and information you want, when you want is a challenge these days --especially when you are pressed for time. TopStory is designed to help you “cut to the chase,” by making it easy to tailor information to fit the criteria that you get to establish. It is the perfect solution for anyone owning a Palm Treo or any other Windows based device that wants to keep informed while on the go.
Maps more apps on HW buttons
Application HButton can be used to assign more applications to one HW button. If you press the button, the first application is run. If you hold button till device vibrate, second app is run. If you hold button till second vibrate, third app…. And so on, and so forth.
* Install attached cab.
* Run HBSetup (Programs - HButton - HBSetup), setup up to 5 applications to Button1
* Start Setting – personal – Buttons and assign HButton1 to any HW button.
Now you can run all selected applications using this one HW button.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine
Best Software Awards 2007
Nomination Form for SmartToolkit
ive tried and tested this application since day 1 and i strongly recommend this to all smartphone users. This has become a MUST HAVE application.
let us support amarullz and his SmartToolkit!
Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine Best Software Awards 2007 Nomination Form for SmartToolkit
Monday, May 21, 2007
Current Version: v.0.0.1 ALPHA 4
Updated: Monday - May 21 2007
* New Start Menu
* Quick Launch
* Storage & Storage Card Explorer
* New Start Menu.
* Add Storage & Storage Card Explorer Menu.
* Add Right Menu in Explorer Menu (trial).
* Add pin to quicklaunch in Right explorer menu.
* Replacing System Start Menu not need to reboot the phone.
* Add fahrenheit temperature (configurable).
* Add Font-Size configuration.
* Hibernate now free more memory than before.
* Homescreen slowdown has been fixed
This free program help to analyze content of hidden Windows Index.dat files.
When you are using a Pocket PC, all your browsing history is stored in hidden files. Even though most people are unaware of that, Internet Explorer (IE) keeps these records and does not delete them when you empty your browser cache or delete temporary files by using third party cleaning software. The location of these files and system behavior greatly depend on the version of Windows on your device. Use this free Index.dat Viewer to analyze the contents of these hidden files at your Pocket PC. Tap any line in the list to view record details.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Smartphone Homescreen builder is a free WYSIWYG PC application for creating homescreens for windows smartphones (Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0), completely removing the need to understand the xml.
It supports the standard plugins :-
# IconBar plugin
# MRU plugin
# Time & Date plugin
# Carrier plugin
# Profile plugin
# SMS count plugin
# MMS count plugin
# Email count plugin
# Calendar plugin
# All day appointment plugin
In addition it supports the madbeetle extended plugins :-
# Analogue Clock plugin
# Animation plugin
Note : Madbeetle extended plugins must be purchased for the target device.
Editor suports the new Windows Mobile colour scheme. Gone are the 20 colours settings, now you simply choose the homescreen highlight, and drag the colour wheel to set the theme.
Friday, May 18, 2007
CellStumbling with your HTC Wizard/QTEK 9100 phone
I wrote this application in C# and tested it on my HTC Wizard/QTEK 9100 phone
It requires the .NET Compact Framework v2.0sp2
For stumbling it will use the GPS Intermediate Driver. - Sander Schutten
SmartPhone (SP) HomeScreen (HME) Converter (from PocketPC TSK)
so i had previously written a little app to convert image files into PocketPC today screens (.TSK). '.TSK' stands for Today Screen...Krap, i dont know what the 'K' stands for. could point the app to a directory of images, and in a couple minutes there is a corresponding directory with TSKs. was about to do the same for SmartPhones, when i realized that people had already put effort into cropping the images and picking a color scheme, so there was no need to do that again. instead, i decided to further reverse engineer (aka Paycheck movie) the TSK format to pull out the color info, map that color info into corresponding SmartPhone home screen (HME) settings, and then build the .CAB file from that. so you would just pick your favorite TSK, run this app against it, and out plops your favorite PPC theme as an SP HME. of course i decided to webify it too, so that you could convert your own
Thursday, May 17, 2007
An age old classic, a game of follow the leader.
The computer will light the squares in sequence, then you copy the exact sequence.
First just one square, then two in sequence, followed by three and so on.
Can you recall all 50 lit squares in sequence?
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls.
Features & Options:
a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory
b. Accept call from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected
c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory
d. White List - accepts calls only from the white listed nos
e. Black List - accepts all call except from the black listed nos
f. Black List Pattern - any no STARTING from the black list pattern list is rejected.
for eg. if you enter "123", so all nos STARTING from "123" will be rejected
this is a very nice option with which you can block nos from any particular network, country, city , area or whatever you can think of.
Finally there is also an option to reply with an SMS.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Take control of your connections
* Enable and disable connections. Disabling connections makes imposible to use them so you know they wont generate traffic data.
* Stablish and close connections.
* Set a time frame where connections wont be allowed (ie, when you are sleeping) saving money and battery..
Event Countdown lets you add up to 200 events on your Pocket PC.
You can countdown to a particular date or countdown from a set time. An alarm will sound when an event has been reached, there is also a standby option to save on battery power.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
I am Shailesh Ashar and this is the first time I am getting my hands dirty with Windows Mobile development.
So here is a little app that I developed : Group SMS Solution.
As the name suggest it is basically a program to send smses to a group of people at the same time.
Foll. are the features:
1. Category Wise Contact Pickup
2. Individual Contact Pickup made easy
3. works with WM5 and WM6.
4. Seems to be moderately paced as it is written using managed code but does the job well.
5. It is free.
.NET Compact framework 2
Friday, May 11, 2007
I developed a new utility called MobileConfig that will help users make common modifications to help increase their system performance on their Windows Mobile device.
This utility takes away the pain of making registry modifications by allowing the user to pick the system setting they'd like to tweak and select (or enter) a value for the setting. The adjustable settings are stored in a simple to understand XML file. - Ryan Rife
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
PhoneGate™ accepts incoming calls, verifies the number and, if necessary, automatically rejects the call, so that the caller hears the busy tone.
Any smartphones and mobile PCs with built-in phone unit running Microsoft Windows Mobile.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Vocal Instant Messaging
* Voice: use your mobile to chat with friends by speaking or texting
* Messaging: leave messages even when contacts are not connected
* Availability: Instantly see status of contacts
* Interoperability: Connect to users of popular PC IM systems
* Open: Works independent of your mobile service provider
The application currently supports the Smartphone, Pocket PC, Windows XP and Windows Vista platforms.
Visit the Palringo site at palringo.com and sign up for the beta trial. Basic functionallity within the application is free, and will remain free.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Application to set your phone settings in a easy and fast way.
- today plugin for convenient and quick profile selection;
- 9 user configurable profiles;
- Set PDA's volume;
- Set Phone's volume;
- Set ring tone for incoming calls;
- Set ring tone for incoming sms;
- GSM Radio switch on/off;
- Bluetooth (MS and Widcomm stacks) switch on/off;
- Multilanguage (EN/FR/IT/DE/NL/PT)
Saturday, May 05, 2007
tMan is a tiny task manager.
What's New in 0.9.6
* Added: List of applications to ignore
* Added: Application exceptions
* Added: Minor GUI reorganization
* Added: Kill task forcibly
* Added: User-defined colors for background and foreground (TWEAK)
* Added: Power off item in task menu
* Added: Show task operations in task menu
* Added: Confirm dialog before soft-resetting the device (TWEAK)
* Fixed: Improved stability
* Fixed: Action key closed an application at certain situations
* Fixed: Task menu invocation rewritten
* Fixed: Terminating tMan before installation (for upgrading)
* Fixed: Minor fixes
* PocketPC 2003/SE
* Windows Mobile 5.0
* 200 MHz processor (ARM based).
* 16 MB RAM.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
What is a BioRhythm? Well, the same way the tides are affected by the moon, different aspects of our life are affected by other things in a cyclic manner. There are quite a few different biorhythms, but this plug-in only includes 4 of the more interesting ones:
1. Physical: Your health and fitness
2. Emotional: Your ability to cope with emotions
3. Intellectual: Your thinking and deductive prowess
4. Intuitional: Your ability to sense things by using just your instincts