Saturday, December 16, 2006

Snooze - FREEWARE SMARTPHONE


Snooze is an alarm program I've been working on for a while. - rogueqd of MODACO

It has multiple recurring alarms that play either .wav or .mp3 files. It can also change the phone profile or run an application of your choosing.

Snooze is designed for QVGA WM5 smartphones, it should work on any QVGA WM5 device although there is no touch screen support. It may work on WM2003, but I have not tested this.

I've been using Snooze for a few months now, so there shouldn't be any major bugs. There are a few minor quirks that you may or may not notice. One is that you must unlock your phone to dismiss or snooze an alarm, cest la vie.

I've tried to make the interface intuitive, so I won't write a whole bunch of instructions. Mp3 or wav files must be in the application directory, or \My Documents\ or \My Documents\My Music\. If you have Snooze installed to a storage card, they can also be in either of those two folders on the storage card.

Snooze requires .NET CF 2.0 to be installed on the phone. I've only tested this on my i-mate SP5, so comments about performance on other phones would be appreciated.

Snooze uses FMOD 3.75 to play mp3 files, fmodce.dll for WM5 is included in the cab, for other WM versions you'll need to get the correct fmodce.dll from http://www.fmod.org

DOWNLOAD

No comments: