Friday, November 07, 2008

AKToggleWifi


A simple exe that just toggles the wifi on and off.

One of the most common tasks i do many times a day, is turn the wifi in my ATT Tilt on and off. For this I have to go to the Comm Mgr and toggle it on and off. I've always wanted a one tap way of doing it, and had used BatteryStatus in the past, but its icon was too small. With Manilla2D, we dont even have that option anymore, but we do have the nice big manilla launcher.

So i put together some C++ code from myself and from samples around the web, and made a simple exe that just toggles the wifi on and off. I've cabbed it up, so that it will install into \Program Files and put a shortcut in \Windows\StartMenu\Programs called AKToggleWifi.
You can now add it to the Manilla launcher and it will show up as in the attached screenshot.

You can uninstall it from the Settings\System\Remove Programs.

I havent tested it on any device except my Tilt/Kaiser running a 6.1 ROM from Sakajati (Hyperdragon/Blackstone).
- akarnik

AKToggleWifi

No comments: