Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Set individual sms tones for your contacts.
* SMS tones should be in .wav format
* use OIST SMS Tones to set individual tones
1. Execute OIST
2. Click Menu (right softkey) and click Set Tone, to set a default sms tone
3. Click Menu (rsk) and then click on Hide. (Do not Exit from OIST, it should be running in the background)
4. Execute OIST SMS Tones
5. Click Menu (rsk) and then Get Contact
6. Click Menu (rsk) and Choose Tone, to set a Tone for the contact you've chosen
7. Click Menu (rsk) and Save
8. Repeat #5 to #7 for other Contacts you wish to set tones for.
9. Exit from OIST SMS Tones
10. That's it.
comment from Iris: ...Menu>Sounds>Message Tone should be selected to None. Otherwise, you just hear two ringtones simultaneously when an SMS arrives.
WM5 operating system
Thanks to rogueqd of MODACO for helping me with the code.