Friday, January 23, 2009
Travelling blogger is a mobile blogging client for Windows Mobile 5 and 6.
To use Travelling blogger you need the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Redistributable and an appropriate Windows Mobile 5 or 6 device.
Travelling Blogger supports all blogs which implement the MetaWeblog or WordPress APIs. This of course includes WordPress and a number of other blogs. If you’re not sure check with your blog provider. Travelling Blogger will autodetect the most appropriate blog API to use when you set up your blog.
There is no charge for using Travelling Blogger, all I ask is that you let me know you are using it and post comments is you find any problems or have any suggestions.
Travelling Blogger includes features designed to make mobile blogging as easy as possible.
Support for popular blogs via the MetaWeblog API.
- Extended support for WordPress.
- Upload of photos and other media from your phone’s camera or storage.
- Easy editing of content and categories.
- Off-line operation with optimised sychronisation when connected to the Internet.
- Fully featured FTP client allowing upload and management of images and other files.
The features of Travelling Blogger will be actively maintained and extended over the course of time. Planned enhancements include inclusion of further blogging APIs and integration with Office Live.