Sunday, June 28, 2009
This application provides a friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) on top of the well known Google SMS.
With it, you will never have to remember any of the keywords to communicate with Google. Also, this application is mostly customizable so that you can customize it to your own personality. It is still in Beta stage, so there are still lots of room for suggestions and improvements.
.NET Compact Framework 3.5
Windows Mobile Professional 5+
Support Non-Square Screen Resolution
Note: This application uses carrier text messaging. So make sure you have text messaging plan from your carrier; otherwise, regular text messaging fee will apply.
How to Customize:
1. Individual icon for each category:
- To allow each category to have their own icon, place a jpg file in the GooSMS program directory and the name of the jpg file has to be the same with the category name.
Placing Movies.jpg in the GooSMS directory will display that picture for Movies on the main menu.
2. Want your own left and right arrows:
- Just replace the 2 files Arrow_Left.jpg and Arrow_Right.jpg with your own. Just make sure that the file names stay the same.
3. Background within each category:
- Just add your own background.jpg image file to the GooSMS directory and the background of individual category will use that.
4. Want sent and received sound notification:
- Add your own sound files to the GooSMS directory.
For sent notification, rename your sound file to sent.wav
For received notification, rename your sound file to received.wav